Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Some Awards? You're Too Kind

I'm honored to be the recipient of two blogging awards.  Eliza at Ellie's Blank Book passed the Kreativ Blogger and One Lovely Blog award along to me.  Thanks so much!

There are a few conditions upon accepting these awards.  Mainly, I need to tell you all a little more about myself by answering some questions and providing some facts.  I am not very good at writing about myself directly, but I'll try to make it interesting.

What is your favorite song?
Can anyone really answer this question?  I probably have a list of about ten, depending on my mood, what I'm doing, the weather.  I suppose if I have to provide an answer, it would probably be This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) by Talking Heads.  I never tire of it, and every time I hear it it seems to affirm my admiration/adoration of Mr. David Byrne.



What is your favorite dessert?
Pie!!!!! Fruit filled, custard filled, a tart or a galette; put something sweet in flaky, buttery pastry and I'm there!

When you are upset, what do you do?
This largely depends on why upset.  I normally deal with little upsets with some deep breathing, or a quickly muttered expletive.  When it's something really big, I try to find some alone time and just work it out.  Nobody wants to be around me at those times, my husband will attest to that.

What is your favorite pet?
Such an unfair question!  I love all my four-legged children.

What do you prefer to wear, black or white?
I'm exceptionally pale, sometimes borderline translucent, so white does not work for me.  Black is not always any better, but I like how it sets off my red hair.  Kids make wearing white impossible, and cats make wearing black a pain.

What's your biggest fear?
I have a number of irrational fears, that all seem perfectly reasonable to me at 11:00 pm when I am laying in bed trying to get to sleep.  I'd share them now, but I try to reveal my neuroticism slowly.

What is your attitude mostly?
I've mentioned this before, but I would classify myself as an easily discouraged optimist.  Also, I'm a romantic.

What is perfection to you?
I don't believe it exists, except for the occasional moment, and then you just know it when you're in it.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Made for TV Christmas movies.

Okay, now to provide ten random facts about me:

  1. Part of me still wants to work in a zoo, because that seems to be the only way I'd ever get to hug a baby lion, tiger, bear...
  2. I actually love to clean, but hate putting things away (which is why anyone who's been to my house doesn't believe that I love to clean).
  3. I pick paint colors based on their names almost as much as I pick them for their hue.
  4. I love old black and white movies, especially musicals.
  5. I have a thing about eating "beautiful" fruit.  While I'm not as picky as I used to be, I still sometimes pass off the "uglier" pieces to my kids, who don't seem to have my hang ups.
  6. I have an amazing memory for people, faces, and names.  Sometimes I think it puts people off.
  7. My husband and I recently spent an absurd amount of money on a wind chime, and we both think the purchase was worth every penny.
  8. I love to work with my hands, whether it be in the kitchen, the garden, or with art and craft supplies.
  9. I don't own any, but would like to wear vintage clothing.   The fear of coming across as a hipster slightly deters me, but I like the style and back then dresses were designed for women with curves.
  10. I hate the question, "So, what do you do?"  What people are really asking is, "What do people pay you for?" which most of the time tells you nothing about the person you are talking to.
This award is normally passed on to six or seven other bloggers out there, but I'm horrible at singling people out for these things.  I've actually only recently started actively following blogs, and a lot of those I would like to pass it on to have received it recently (sometimes several times, not that they don't deserve it again).  That said, I'd like to send it to my sister-in-law, Alisa at The Little Red Rice Bowl.  She's an active cook, crafter, and has some stunning photography. Check her out!





5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the awards! I would love to work at a zoo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'd also love to wear vintage clothes, especially dresses from the fifties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great , congrats,
    happy you found the way back to Belgium !
    anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Janna! You're the best :-) Thanks for the shout out. Love following your blog. BTW, #10 is a pet peeve of mine too! Drives me insane...all it does is label people. I'm a friggin house wife...yup that's all. No more dimensions to me since I'm not a nuclear physicist. Your 1-10 list is awesome...all really cool things about you. Much Respect!

    I watch made for TV Christmas movies all year round...darn you lifetime movie network!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never understood the practice of asking new acquaintances what they do for a living. People are so much more than just their jobs.

    ReplyDelete